GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing woman-owned (WOSB) dedicated service provider to both public, private, and Federal clients. The Company works hard to promote the best interest of their clients, their team, and their community while delivering excellence through their Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Data Analytics services and effective solutions to exceed the client’s mission goals and objectives. Currently GreenZone is seeking an energetic and outgoing Finance Associate who will directly support Finance, Accounting, and occasionally assist Human Resources, and be responsible for the day-to-day tasks to keep the office running smoothly.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work directly under the supervision of the CFO to help build budgets, forecast and spend plans.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and month end closing reporting.
- Reconcile company transactions with multiple data feeds and generate monthly financials.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Input A/P invoices into the QuickBooks accounting system in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring bills are paid on time.
- Assist with the preparation of customer invoices and review them for accuracy.
- Assist with proposals, business development research and company growth initiatives.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls and keeps financial information confidential.
- Assist the Human Resources department with hiring surges.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Requirements details include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or another related field of study.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with direct responsibilities that included finance and/or accounting functions.
- Experience working for a government contractor highly desired, but not required.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or comparable accounting software highly desired.
- Proficiency with Unanet time and experience highly desired.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish strategies, and make decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Ability to multi-task as well as be strategic, creative and innovative in a dynamic, fast paced matrix team environment.
- Proven ability to complete goals/projects on time delivering high quality results.
We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.